This is a blog devoted to netbook reviews. Our aim is simple -
Provide the most in-depth netbook reviews and help our readers make the best decision.
Will Netbooks be around in 5 years?
Netbooks have grown from zero sales (they were introduced by Asus in 2007) to 12-4 million sales in a year and a half.
Projections are -
- 15-20 million sold in 2009.
- 40 million sold per year by 2011-2012.
- A third of total computer sales by 2012.
A lot of people dismiss netbooks because -
- They don’t realize that netbooks let us do 90% of the things we normally do i.e. search, check email, watch a movie, surf the net, listen to music.
- They undervalue the importance of portability and mobility. Netbooks now have 6 hrs, 8 hrs, even 12 hrs of battery life. They’re light and fit in a purse (admittedly a slightly bigger one).
- They also undervalue the importance of money. Having a $350 netbook that you can carry around everywhere and use as a second or third computer is priceless.
Samsung is a new entrant to netbooks (and they have some very well reviewed, beautiful netbooks) and they’ve already sold a million plus netbooks. This is not a niche that is going to disappear.
Netbooks are not going away.
What Netbook Should I get?
We are building up the site slowly to ensure we get things right.
However leave a comment and we’ll definitely research any requests you might have. We are well versed with netbooks and will help you make the right choice.
A few quick tips to keep in mind -
- Acer, Samsung, and Asus are the top 3 brands. In our opinion, in that very order.
- Make sure you get a 6 cell or 9 cell battery. Only get a 4 cell battery netbook if its battery life is adequate for you (should be 4-6 hrs).
- Check on screen sizes and get a 10″ netbook or a 12″ netbook rather than a 9″ one.
- Check on the keyboard and make sure that its big enough for you acheter viagra. Most manufacturers indicate the size compared to a laptop computer’s keyboard. Its important to ensure this works for you as you use the keyboard non-stop when using a netbook.
- Differentiate between matte and shiny screens and choose your preference.
The top 3-5 netbooks in our opinion are -
- Acer AOD150.
- Samsung NC10.
- Asus 1008HA Seashell.
- Samsung N310
- MSI U115.
However, please let us know what features are most important to you, and we’ll research the best netbook fit for you.